Places to Hike, Camp, and Swim
You are here. The mountains. We live here. So, you might as well go and explore them!
Here are some places to hike, camp, and swim in our beautiful mountains!
● Looking Glass Falls: Off of Highway 276, go here for a nice swim and a refreshing spray of mist
● Skinny Dipping Falls: Just a half a mile hike off of the Blue Ridge Parkway
● DuPont State Forest: The ideal place to go swimming and sightseeing, also the one of the settings in the Hunger Games
● Catawba Falls: A 30 minute drive with a 3 mile hike round trip to see many gorgeous falls
● Sliding Rock: Go here to swim, slide, hike or fish right in the Pisgah National Forest
● Graveyard Fields: Come see many beautiful fall colors when hiking and swimming at Graveyard Fields
● Max Patch: Max Patch is extremely flat so it is easy for hiking, sightseeing, and picnicking
● Mountain to Sea Trail: A very popular trail in the Pisgah National Forest
● Black Balsam: Again, another popular trail with gorgeous views and Sam Knob, a hike with a meadow and forest
● Biltmore Estate Trails: Even though a pass or ticket is required, these trail are totally worth it with views of the estate
Story By: Iris Schreiner